- Documentation (2.2.0.final)
- Release Notes
- Classpath Container
- Non-Java dependencies
- Ivy file editor
- Ivy settings editor
- Eclipse global preferences
- Eclipse variables
- Ivy Console
- Eclipse's Ant integration
- Reverse Dependency Explorer
- Resolve Visualizer
- Developer doc
- Get Involved
The Apache IvyDE distribution is available as an Eclipse update site, but you can also download and install it manually from one of our mirrors. We encourage you to verify the integrity of the downloaded files using signatures downloaded from our main distribution directory. You are also invited to look to the ASF git if you are interested into contributing to IvyDE.
First you have to configure Eclipse: add the IvyDE update site. In order to do it, follow these steps (Note that for Eclipse 3.4 it may differ):
- Open the update manager in Eclipse: Help > Software Updates > Find and Install...
- In the popup window, select Search for features to install, and click Next
- Then click on New Remote Site...
- Name: Apache Ivy update site
- URL: http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite
- Click OK
- A new entry "Apache Ivy update site" will appear in the list of update sites
- Make sure you selected the "Apache Ivy update site" and click Finish to trigger the search for features
- After some amount of time, you will see the list of available features to install. Select the ones in which you are interested in
- If Eclipse warns you about non resolved dependencies, click on Select Required
- To continue click Next
- Then you have to accept the Apache Software License agreement
- Eclipse will present you the summary of the plugins to download: click Finish to start downloading After the download, Eclipse will ask you if you really want to install the plugins. Click Install or Install All.
- It is then recommended to restart Eclipse: click Yes
- After restarting, the IvyDE plugins should have started. You can check the version of Ivy you are using on the top of the configuration panel of Ivy (Window > Preferences, and select Ivy); or in Eclipse's list of plugins (Help > About Eclipse, click Plug-in Details)
Select mirrorYou are currently using https://apache.osuosl.org/. If you encounter a problem with this mirror, please select another mirror. If all mirrors are failing, there are backup mirrors (at the end of the mirrors list) that should be available.
IvyDE binariesThis distribution contains every binaries ready to be installed in your Eclipse installation.
Download the IvyDE plugins:
- as a zip: apache-ivyde-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.zip
- or as a gzip compressed tar: apache-ivyde-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.tar.gz
- the IvyDE features features/org.apache.ivyde.*.jar to put in your $ECLIPSE_HOME/features
- the IvyDE plugins plugins/org.apache.ivyde.*.jar to put in your $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins
Install the latest Ivy bundleGet the latest Ivy feature and bundle for the updatesite:
Then it is recommended to (re)start your Eclipse with the -clean option.
- as a zip: apache-ivyde-sources-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.zip
- or as a gzip compressed tar: apache-ivyde-sources-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.tgz
git clone git://git.apache.org/ant-ivyde.gita Jenkins instance hosted by the ASF).
It is automatically publishing the last build into an updatesite. So you can configure your Eclipse to use it:
Important note: these are only test snapshots that is not be considered ready for users or even something like an official release. They are dedicated to people willing to understand and contribute to Ivy and IvyDE code. And then any issue you can have with that kind of snaphot should be reported to the ant-dev@ mailing-list and not the ivy-user@ one.
The PGP signatures can be verified using PGP or GPG. First download the KEYS as well as the asc signature file for the particular distribution. Make sure you get these files from the main distribution directory, rather than from a mirror. Then verify the signatures using
% pgpk -a KEYSor
% pgpv apache-ivyde-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.zip.asc
% pgp -ka KEYSor
% pgp apache-ivyde-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.zip.asc
% gpg --import KEYSAlternatively, you can verify the checksums on the files. Unix programs called md5/sha1 or md5sum/sha1sum are included in many unix distributions. *sum is also available as part of GNU Textutils. Windows users can get binary md5 programs from here, here. fsum supports MD5 and SHA1.
% gpg --verify apache-ivyde-2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.zip.asc
We highly recommend to verify the PGP signature, though.
Old releasesReleases described below were made by Jayasoft, and are listed here for historical reason, and should not be considered as Apache software.
IvyDE 1.2.0 - 2006-11-17- upgrade to Ivy 1.4.1
- NEW: Link Sources to Classes by Artifact Type in Classpath Container (IVYDE-12) (thanks to Peter Blstak)
- FIX: No resolve messages in console (IVYDE-39)
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 1.2.0
IvyDE 1.1.0 - 2006-10-09- upgrade to Ivy 1.4
- several stability improvements
- NEW: enabling user to choose what types get added to the classpath (IVYDE-24)
- NEW: Provide "create ivy aware library" when opening the context menu of an ivy.xml file (IVYDE-21)
- NEW: report view (Windows -> Show View -> IvyDE > Report) (IVYDE-20)
- IMPROVE: Deal with cancel resolve job (IVYDE-30)
- IMPROVE: Support for relative path in the prefence fields when declaring location of ivyconf.xml file. (IVYDE-25) (thanks to Peter Chanthamynavong)
- IMPROVE: store per project settings in a shareable file (namely .settings/org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse.prefs) (IVYDE-15)
- FIX: junit classpath not resolved correctly with several IvyDE classpath containers (IVYDE-31)
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 1.1.0
IvyDE 1.0.3 - 2006-05-23- include source in distribution
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 1.0.3
IvyDE 1.0.2 - 2006-04-11- Include IVY 1.3.1 release
- Fix common-logging classloader issue
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 1.0.2
IvyDE 1.0.1 (a.k.a. 1.0) - 2006-03-17- Include IVY 1.3 release
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 1.0.1
IvyDE 1.0.0 (a.k.a. 1.0 RC1) - 2006-03-07- Fix source attachment from class editor
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 1.0.0
IvyDE 0.9.7 (a.k.a. 1.0 beta 2) - 2006-02-14- Fix source attachment for contained in ivycontainer
- Fix startup refresh problem
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 0.9.7 beta
IvyDE 0.9.3 (a.k.a. 1.0 beta 1) - 2006-01-25initial public version
- integration of plugin formerly known as ivyeclipseui
- added IvyClasspathContainer and configuration stuff
Download on Jayasoft: IvyDE 0.9.3 beta