The Apache Easyant Subproject
Apache EasyAnt is a toolbox focusing on easing project build processes. It's based on Apache Ant and Apache Ivy, and allows for maximum flexibily, improved integration in existing build systems and provides conventions and guidelines.
The goals are :
- to leverage popularity and flexibility of Ant.
- to integrate Apache Ivy, such that the build system combines a ready-to-use dependency manager.
- to simplify standard build types, such as building web applications, JARs etc, by providing ready to use builds.
- to provide conventions and guidelines.
- to make plugging-in of fresh functionalities as easy as writing Ant scripts.
- Though EasyAnt comes with a lot of conventions, we never lock you in.
- EasyAnt allows you to easily extend existing modules or create and use your own modules.
- EasyAnt makes migration from Ant very simple. Your legacy Ant scripts could still be leveraged using EasyAnt.